I used to think to “detox” or “cleanse” was for the really health-conscious folk only. However, life threw me a curveball three years ago. I went from an active spin class participant to one who wheezed so badly that the trainer asked for me to be tested for asthma before returning. I had never asthma before, so why now? Surprise, surprise, my body was revolting and it decided that mucous and asthma-like symptoms were how it would exhibit its dissatisfaction with my dietary and lifestyle choices. However, simply by removing the toxins and supporting my liver to process these irritants, I have regained my ability to hike and bike without wheezing. Don’t be like me and wait – instead take a couple of weeks to support your body and cleanse it to be your partner in living a vibrant life.
Detoxing and cleansing are hot topics and they are not just for the super-health-conscious folks or the crunchy people, who eat only quinoa and kale, anymore. Toxins affect all of us and just by changing a few things to clean up your life, you can see dramatic difference in your health and wellbeing.
The question is no longer IF we are toxic. The real question revolves around HOW toxic we are.
Everybody in this world has detectable level of toxins in the body.
- Study has shown that every organism on the planet has detectable level of Teflon in the body.
- 287 chemicals were detected in umbilical cord blood of newborns. They include pesticides, consumer product ingredients, waste materials from burning coal, gasoline, or garbage.
- 180 of the 287 chemicals found are known to cause cancer in human or animals.
- 217 are toxic to the brain and nervous system.
- 208 of those are shown to cause birth defects or abnormal development in animal tests.
- Our babies are born with toxic substances in their bodies, even before being exposed to the toxins. A benchmark investigation of industrial chemicals, pollutants and pesticides in umbilical cord blood by the Environmental Working Group (an American watch dog group) back in 2005 showed that 287 chemicals were detected in umbilical cord blood of newborns. They include pesticides, consumer product ingredients, and waste materials from burning coal, gasoline, or garbage.
Find out what 6 toxins you are most likely carrying in your blood and urine right now? To discover the answers, check back in next to discover what they are.
Ready to start a detox? Then pick up the phone to call or simply email to schedule your FREE Discovery Chat today.