Looking for a holiday cookie? Check this out. These cookies are gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo. Enjoy!
- ⅓ c butter, no-added salt
- ¼ c apple butter, organic
- ¼ c maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ c tapioca flour (gluten-free)
- 1 c almond flour (gluten-free)
- ¼ c quinoa flakes (gluten-free)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ c walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix together butter, apple butter, maple syrup, vanilla and egg.
3. Add almond flour, tapioca flour, quinoa flakes, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until almost combined and then add walnuts. Mix just until blended.
4. Drop onto a silicon baking sheet by heaping teaspoon and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
5. Let cool before serving.
Recipe first appeared November 27, 2013.