Looking for a holiday cookie? Check this out. These cookies are gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo. Enjoy!
- ⅓ c butter, no-added salt
- ¼ c apple butter, organic
- ¼ c maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ c tapioca flour (gluten-free)
- 1 c almond flour (gluten-free)
- ¼ c quinoa flakes (gluten-free)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ c walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix together butter, apple butter, maple syrup, vanilla and egg.
3. Add almond flour, tapioca flour, quinoa flakes, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until almost combined and then add walnuts. Mix just until blended.
4. Drop onto a silicon baking sheet by heaping teaspoon and bake for approximately 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
5. Let cool before serving.
Recipe featured on WOW! Weight Loss Facebook Page (Watt Works Nutrition FB Timeline), November 27, 2013
Food Wizard Pointers: Since I am intolerant to almonds, I would substitute the almond flour with coconut flour (may need to add extra moisture) or an all-purpose gluten-free flour mix. I would not use quinoa flour as it has a strong taste.