The holidays are fast approaching and if you are like many others, you are wracking your brain to figure out the “just right” gift idea for family and loved ones. Since keto and low carb are everywhere right now, I’ve decided to make a few gift suggestions with this lifestyle as a basis, and that I recommend from personal use.
Cookbooks — I purchase titles from Amazon.ca or Indigo/Chapters.
I love cookbooks! I love giving them and I love receiving them. With so many keto cookbooks either in the book stacks now, it is better to know which ones are the best out there:
- Made Whole by Christina Curp (2018)
- Keto Air Fryer by Maria Emmerich (2019)
- Quick and Easy Ketogenic Cooking by Maria Emmerich (2016)
- Easy Dairy-Free Ketogenic Recipes by Maria Emmerich (2018)
- Keto Instant Pot by Maria Emmerich (2019)
- Dariy-Free Keto Cooking by Kyndra D. Holley (2019)
- The Keto Diet by Leanne Vogel (2017)
- The Keto Diet Cookbook by Leanne Vogel (2019)
Resource/Information Books — I purchase titles from Amazon.ca or Indigo/Chapters.
- Keto by Craig and Maria Emmerich
- Keto for Women by Leanne Vogel (2019)
- Keto Clarity by Jimmy Moore with Eric Westman, MD (2014)
- Keto Answers by Anthony Gustin, DC MS and Chris Irvin, MS (2019)
- The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living by Jeff Volek, PhD RD and Stephen Phinney, MD PhD (2011) **for the science geeks in the crowd
- Glow15 by Naomi Whittel (2018) **how authophagy makes a difference in cellular aging and overall wellbeing
Tools and Other Keto Resources — Most of these tools and resources are not must-haves, but nice-to-haves or someday items.
- Glucose/Ketone Meter **especially useful for the “numbers” people that like to measure their success — try KetoMojo Meter and strips on their website (they ship to Canada) or Amazon.ca
- Whipped Cream Dispenser (good for coconut or heavy/whip cream) — available at Canadian Tire or Amazon.ca (NOTE: I prefer iSi stainless steel version)
- Air Fryer — models vary but Cuisinart, Breville (I own BOV900BSS The Smart Oven Air Convection Oven), and InstantPot are brands I’m familiar with. Models can be purchased at London Drugs, Amazon.ca, or other retailers.
- Instant Pot — either 6 and/or 8 qt. I use my InstantPot almost daily, so invest in a size appropriate for your family size.
- Ice Cream Maker — I use mine weekly to make keto-friendly ice cream. You can get a compressor version or electric version. Personally, I upgraded to the compressor this year after over a decade with my original Cuisinart 2-quart electric one.
Well, I pray and hope you enjoy a memory-filled holiday season with your family and friends enjoying great food and time together. Here at Watt Works Nutrition, we will be taking a break from the office and doing just that. We’ll be ice skating, cross-country skiing, playing boardgames and generally enjoying family time.
You may be looking to change your lifestyle and food choices in the New Year then don’t hesitate to reach out before the year’s end to act upon that intention. Schedule your free 20-minute Discovery Chat with Brenda by emailing. Brenda looks forward to coaching you to your healthiest self in the New Year. Why wait another year to realize your goals?