This is a delicious, low-fat chia see and quinoa muffin recipe. Chia seeds have been proven to promote brain health and fight belly fat. Additionally, quinoa is packed with vitamin B2, which improves energy and your metabolism. These muffins are good for your tastebuds and your waistline — what more could you ask for.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour mix
- 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk or dairy alternative
- 1 egg
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
2. Mix cooled quinoa, flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and chia seeds.
3. In a different bowl whisk together milk, egg, and yogurt.
4. Slowly add the wet mixture to quinoa mixture and stir until just combined. Hand mixing works best for this recipe.
5. Divide mixture evenly among greased muffin tins (about ½ way up each tin) on 350 degrees for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Yield: 18 muffins
Adapted Recipe from WOW! Weight Loss Facebook Page.