Just think, yummy cookies that are gluten-free, dairy-free, peanut-free and super easy to make in just 20 minutes and only six ingredients. My gang loves these gems fresh from the oven or frozen from the freezer (no hiding cookies in our house).
- 1 cup Sunbutter, stirred well
- ¾ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients together. You’ll be surprised at how quickly it becomes dough.
- Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of cookie dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheets. Remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
Makes 24 cookies
Adapted from Best of Clean Eating.
Food Wizard Pointer: Substitute any type of nut/seed butter for the Sunbutter (also called sunflower seed butter).
Surprise! They’re green inside! That’s okay if it’s St. Patrick’s Day. Although I don’t always get the green colour, so I looked to Google to see why the cookies’ insides might be turning green.
But what did I do wrong? According to Martina over at ketodietapp, the green colour is a result of “[s]unflower seeds contain chlorogenic acid, an antioxidant that gives the seeds the ability of turning green under certain conditions. When chlorogenic acid mixes with alkaline baking ingredients such as baking soda, it turns green. Chlorogenic acid is beneficial because it may slow down the release of glucose into the bloodstream after a meal. If you don’t want your baked goods to turn out green, you can neutralise the effect of baking soda by adding some acidic ingredients like cream of tartar, vinegar or lemon juice.” 
 Martina Slajerova, https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2016/03/09/5-ingredient-keto-green-cookies
Updated: March 22, 2018