Recipe By: WOWWEIGHTLOSS.CA
Serving Size: 6
- 11⁄ 2 lbs. top round beef (London Broil), trimmed of all visible fat 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1⁄ 4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄ 4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄ 4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon canola or macadamia nut oil 1 large sweet onion
- 1⁄ 2 cup water
- 1⁄ 4 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄ 4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Season beef on both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet until very hot; brown beef on both sides.
- Cut onion into thick slices and separate into rings. Place onion rings in bottom of slow cooker crock; lay the beef on top.
- Stir together water, tomato sauce and vinegar; pour over meat.
- Cover; cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker. Slice thinly; serve topped with onion rings and sauce.
Per serving: 182 calories, 5 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 68 mg cholesterol, 7 g total carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 26 g protein, 173 mg sodium
1 protein, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Chef Changes/Adjustments: Adapted from Primally Inspired’s Crockpot Balsamic Roast Beef.
Substitute the tomato sauce for broth (WOW recipe above), increase the vinegar, omit the water, add the aminos, keep the paprika and forget Step 1 completely. I don’t brown the roast at all. I simply place the whole roast in the crockpot, fat side down. Then throw in all the ingredients.
1 cup chicken or beef stock or broth
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
pinch or two of red pepper flakes (optional, if using paprika)
generous sea salt and pepper, to taste