Metabolism-Booster Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 scoop of hempseed or other plant-based protein powder or whey isolate from New Zealand
- 1 cup fresh or frozen dark berries, low glycemic load
- 1 cup “greens,” such as kale, spinach, romaine or other lettuce
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or other dairy alternative
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract or 2-3 drops liquid stevia
- water and/or ice cubes to achieve desired consistency
Blend on high until smooth. Pour into a glass, add a lovely glass smoothie straw and enjoy!
Store leftovers in an airtight glass jar in the fridge for up to 3 days.
A green smoothie may not have such an intense green colour like my photo. Which fruits you use and the amount of greens will determine the intensity. More berries, then pink to purple colour. More greens, then variations of green.