2 teaspoons Red Palm Fruit Oil, Organic
4-6 Cloves Garlic, peeled and chopped
1 Yellow Onion, chopped
2 Green Bell Peppers, seeded, and chopped
3 1/2 lbs. Beef Rump Roast, cubed (stew meat)
2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
1/2 teaspoon Chipotle Powder
1 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon coriander
30 ounces Fire Roasted Tomato
6 ounces Tomato Paste
- Rinse and chop the onion and peppers. Peel the garlic and give it a rough chop.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat with 1 teaspoon palm oil. Sauté the onion and garlic until the onion starts to turn translucent. Transfer to crockpot. Set crockpot on low.
- Sauté the peppers for 3–5 minutes to give a slight char. Add to crockpot.
- Add remaining 1 teaspoon of palm oil to skillet and sear the cubed meat, approximately 5 minutes. Add to crockpot.
- Add seasonings to the beef, peppers, garlic and the onions. Add the diced tomatoes and tomato paste, continue to stir until the tomato paste dissolves into the chili.
- Cover and simmer on low for 3–4 hours.
- Yes, you see a few sliced olives in the photo. My boys wanted “hockey pucks” added.
- You could prepare this the night before and put on low before heading to work. The longer it simmers, the tenderer the meat becomes.
Recipe adapted from Make It Paleo
Serving Size: 8