- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth (Imagine Organic)
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1-2 cups water (start with 1⁄2 cup and increase depending on thickness)
- In a medium sauce-pan heat oil and sautee onion until soft.
- Add vegetable broth, black beans and tomatoes.
- Simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and Cajun seasoning and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add water, if necessary.
Makes 2 servings
Per serving: 312 calories, 7 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 33 g carbohydrates, 11 g dietary fiber, 15.5 g protein, 550 mg sodium
0.5 protein, 2 vegetable, 1 carb, 2 fat
Recipe courtesy of WOW! Weight Loss Recipe Book
Want more recipes like this, check out wowweightloss.ca/cochrane and schedule your FREE 20-Minute Consult with me.